Sunday, January 6, 2008

Energy.





I've never consumed a Red Bull. I don't take Yellow Jackets or No-Doz, and I can't drink more than 20 oz. of soda a day. But I do eat a relatively healthy, balanced diet of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains. I get 8 hours a sleep every night, I take a multi-vitamin, and I keep my mind fresh with crossword puzzles and paperback fiction.




SO WHY AM I SO TIRED?!?




Even as I type this I am trying valiantly to come up with something witty, or even remotely intelligible. But instead I am thinking of the various chores that must be completed before I can go to bed. I like to think I have some foreign disease that sucks my energy dry - that way my lethargy isn't my fault. I could call myself unwillingly unenergetic. I could be an innocent victim of energy-sucking parasitic diseases. Is that disturbing? Do you feel sorry for me?




I think I'll start my own energy prescription:


100 mg green tea


25 mg diet Red Bull


150 mg pure cane sugar


150 mg Mountain Dew


take three times daily with food
follow with six tablespoons ground coffee


No comments: