Saturday, October 18, 2008

My Day


Today marks the end of the first quarter. I managed to get all my grades uploaded last night, so this weekend is FREE!!! That means Monday morning will smell of clean laundry, freshly vacuumed carpet, and baked apple muffins. Yay!

Next week we will embark on a tour of persuasive essays, complete with transcripts of presidential speeches and political cartoons. I found this really cool site with tons of lessons on cartoons and literature, so I'm excited to see how the kids react...






Here's an outline of my day as a teacher:



6:00 - my cell phone/alarm clock goes off
6:03 - turn on the coffee pot

6:04 - take a shower

6:12 - get dressed

7:00 - eat breakfast

7:12 - leave for school
7:20 - arrive at school, sign in at the workroom, and head up to class
8:00-9:40 - English classes
9:45-10:30 - run around making copies and grading work during planning period

10:30-12:10 - classes
12:15-12:40 - twenty-five whole minutes to eat lunch!!!
12:45-3:10 - classes
3:15 - grade, check mail, clean chalkboard, etc.

5:00 - leave school with more work
5:07 - open the front door, drop my bags, and run to the bathroom (high school bathrooms...I don't think so)
5:09 - change clothes, turn on the tv, start preparing for tomorrow
7:30 - find something to eat for dinner (usually a can of soup and some crackers)

7:40 - eat dinner while grading/checking e-mail/researching for tomorrow's lesson
9:30 - fall into bed, grab a book
10:15 - asleep




No comments: